CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ok... confession time!

I. Love. Paper! :) (Ok, I know they weren't really complete sentences, but it adds drama.) Every year, I spend nearly $100 on fadeless paper and redo my entire room. I've even tried plastic table cloths in the past which work...in moderation. Last year my husband helped me set up our classroom and we went a little overboard with the plastic table cloth idea.... epic fail. Last may, I even vowed to keep it up just incase I might possibly think about using it in the fall.

Wrong!

My job share partner and I have already decided to ditch the not-so-fantastic plastic in exchange for smaller, more meaningful boards. See, the problem is, I see wall to wall bulletin board and I have this obsessive compulsion to cover the entire thing. Why on earth has it taken me five years to figure this out?

While stalking my favorite blog Mrs. Bainbridge's Class, I recently came to the realization that in her classroom, although she has tons of pin board space, she outlines smaller board space to make neat, organized spaces for learning and reference. You mean I don't have to take out a loan at GW on Fadeless paper?

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm "going in" for the first time tomorrow.

Which leads me to a completely unrelated topic...

A new, but dear, friend of mine passed away after a five year battle with cancer.

She was a wonderful mom of two school-aged kids and was amazingly good at what she did. Arlene Silvestro, our Academic Program Leader, was one of the first people I met when I came to my new school last year. She instantly jumped into my classroom and helped at every request. She got to know me right away...and right away we hit it off. We had so much in common (babies, fertility issues, husbands jobs, teaching philosophies etc.) and when I found out she had cancer, and that it had come back, I was dumbfounded. How could this energetic, funny, fiery, spirited woman have cancer?

When I think of going back to work, although she was out most of the year for her treatment, I know that  it will just not be the same. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and the rest of our staff who really knew her and spent, in some cases, their entire careers with her. I am glad she is safe and healed in heaven. God must have really needed her, because a lot of us will be wondering how we will ever get along without her here on Earth.

God bless,

Lacie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog and leaving your funny and sweet comment - it cheered me up!! :) I'm your newest follower and can't wait to see these bulletin boards! :)
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear your sad news.

    Do share pics when you get your boards and things re-organized. I didn't always not use BB paper though... 3 years ago (today actually!) my school caught on fire and my room was destroyed. I got a brand new classroom out of the deal with super nice bulletin boards!

    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete