CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to School Night

So, tomorrow is back to school night and I've mentally prepared a ton of great info for my families. Then I had a girl tell me today that her mom doesn't want to come because she doesn't like going to "those things". Seriously?!? Does anyone know how much time, effort, and selfish thoughts of THEIR child I have spent preparing for this? Ok, I know I seem irritated, I promise I'm not bitter. Especially when the majority of my class shows up with parental representation each year. That's a smiley for my scoreboard for sure, a drop in the bucket. I will admit, I have members of my own family who say, "I went last year, it's the same old thing." UGH!! I really think that the kids bugging their parents to death really helps my situation out just a tad. I mean, you know you've finally given in and bought your kid something just to shut them up, err... make them happy.

Anyone have any great ideas for helping your families really be engaged and get the most out of it? Or am I the only one with this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment